Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Blackwood - A New Twisted Adventure and ATLAS Sale!
Posted on July 27th, 2019 01:13 AM EST
Today’s free DLC update for the ATLAS delivers the long-awaited map Blackwood! Prepare for a dark twist on the Equatorial biome with dark jungles, caves, alcoves, villages, homes, farms, and an interesting array of animals. Wade through thick green waters teeming with dangerous creatures, rare plant life, and the occasional Gorgon to find buried treasure, sunken ships, explore the Mermaid City and experience a new spin on fighting the Hydra and Dragon with transient spawn locations.
The Blackwood map was created by Iso, the level designer behind ARK: Survival Evolved’s popular mod-map Crystal Isles. Blackwood was designed to be used for single servers an example of a stunning mod map that can be hosted unofficially. This specific map will be set up so that it still enables all the mechanics that ATLAS has to offer, whilst hosting it as a standalone server with no database setup required! Blackwood will support the importing and exporting of characters and their inventories (an optional setting for the host), so you can keep your progress and dive right in to explore this beautiful map!
Blackwood is free for anyone who already owns ATLAS. It is available for play in Singleplayer mode, Non-Dedicated Server mode, and on Unofficial Servers that opt to host the map.
Note: Due to an unknown time restriction Valve has put in place in regards to DLC uploads, Blackwood will unfortunately not be an optional download for this weekend only. We'll rectify this come Monday.
- The full ATLAS experience (including all your favorite features and mechanics) merged into a single 1x1 server grid.
- 7 unique biomes across 11 islands, from hazy bogs teeming with life to mysterious jungles full of danger and toil.
- Resource-rich islands complete with every material from the core game.
- New cities and outlying areas ideal for roleplaying and server events.
- A beautiful mermaid city ripe for exploration.
- A new boss arena featuring unpredictable enemy types and spawn locations.
- The Forbidden Reach: a hard mode island featuring elemental beings.
- Other iconic ATLAS content, such as Army of the Damned mobs, all 9 Power Stone locations, the Fountain of Youth, your favorite tameable creatures, and much more...
Haven’t yet ventured onto the high seas? ATLAS is currently on sale for 67% off on Steam July 26 - August 2!
🏴☠️For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information🏴☠️
Hoist ye sails to our Homepage: https://www.playatlas.com/
Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Navigate ye olde Subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame