Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Into the Ice!
Posted on June 1st, 2019 02:45 AM EST
The Public Test Realm heavily facilitated our getting Into The Ice ready to push to our Official Network and ready for everyone to jump into and explore. Thank you to those of you who contributed through playing on the PTR and being enthusiastic about reporting bugs and issues and offering feedback.
We look forward to hearing about your experiences and seeing you explore all the new content that Into The Ice has introduced to the ATLAS. As always, we will continue to monitor and rapidly iterate on the game!
- Into the Ice: When you have collected all the Power Stones, head deep into a Polar Ice Dungeon to discover what lies beneath...
- Master Cartographer: Get at least 40% of the ATLAS Discovery Zones
Skills and Feats
- Feat: Instant Hotbar Equip, unlocked after completing "Master Cartographer" quest.
- Feat: Harvest boost, unlocked after completing "Into the Ice" quest.
- Ice Dungeon: Found in the polar region, can only be entered if players have unlocked all the 9 power stones
- New Islands: Multiple equatorial and polar islands added to the ATLAS!
New Boss Fight
- Snowman - Activated lights in boss arena now power a shield that maintains the Snowman's ice armor. Killing a round of minions will disable the shield, prevent minion spawns for a short duration, and allow the ice armor to receive damage. When minion cooldown is over, shield reactivates. When ice armor reaches 0, Snowman's health can be damaged directly and no more minions will spawn until the next health state. Upon entering each new health state, 1 extra minion will spawn at a time, and an increased amount of minions will be required to be killed for the shield to be deactivated/start minion spawn cooldown. When in the last health state and ice armor is destroyed for the final time, chaos ensues, and minions will continue to spawn until the boss is killed. Progress of minions to kill and ice armor are shown via floating hud.
- Offensive Structure: Torpedo Launcher and torpedoes. Skill is obtained after completing "Into the Ice" quest.
- Building Structure: 3x4 Medium Gates
- Utility Structure: Ice Box - a high-insulation box for generating ice in cold areas. Has “active” mode that will drain ice but reduce surrounding temperature (reverse fire). Consumes less ice if “indoors”. New Resource: Ice - Generates over time in cold zones inside of the Ice Box. Decays relatively quickly if not in “insulated” storage. Can be consumed to reduce temperature and the half negative effects of armour weight debuffs for a short duration (15s per ice cube, max of 5 mins). Ice can be placed inside preserving bags to extend spoil times, and also lasts much longer in preserving bags. Relatively heavy.
- Player: Hydra Hide Armour Set, and Cyclops Heavy Armour Set
- Ship: Hydra Steering Wheel, and Bone Skin Steering Wheel
- Boat Attachment: Cargo Racks (reduces the weight of items inside of its inventory, has a maximum carrying capacity and can only be accessed when a boat is anchored. Each cargo container will slow down your boat. At maximum cargo carrier attachments, a boat's speed will be reduced by a total of 40%. Able to replace and pick up new cargo containers out at sea).
- Cart Attachment: Large Storage Box (reduces the weight of items inside of its inventory, does not work on ships)
- Fishing Net: Can only be used when sitting. Equips on the back slot. Will begin automatically catch fish when boat has met minimum sailing minimum velocity
New Weapons and Ammo types
- Ballista Ammo Type: Boat Harpoon (can be used to attach and reel in other ships)
- Weapon: Spear Gun and Spear Bolt (can only be used unwater)
- Weapon: Crossbow and Crossbow Bolt (multiple shots, cannot be used underwater)
- Olfend: Can be tamed and bred. Used to collect, store, and shoot water to put out fires. Rare creature is found in the desert biomes.
- Giant Tortugar: A giant turtle carrier. Can be tamed and bred. Capable of being an armored organic vessel and able to carry 1 driver and 3 passengers. Very rare creature found in the new equatorial islands.
- Company: Map markers
- Company: Announcements
- Boats: Can now be unclaimed and claimed
- Controls: Full gamepad support
New Quality of Life Improvements
- UX: Revamped Skill Tree UI
- UX: Adjusted 3rd person aiming so there is less likelihood of foliage clipping
- UX: Sextant Buff Corner Mini Map is now hidden by default and can be revealed by pressing the H key. Sextant Mini Map can be permanently enabled by turning on the option in Advanced Settings
- Combat: Players now have the option to turn dual wielding weapons off by holding the TAB key and the hotbar key to equip the new pistol, rather than duel wield it.
- Combat: Gun hotbar equip time now scales (improves) with the various reloading skills
- Combat: You can now attack from the run-state (but not whilst running). Previously when attempting to attack whilst running, you would have had to pause, then attack. Now you can go straight from a run into an attack.
- Structures: The grill can now be attached to water pipes
- Controls: You can now use the F key as an option to pick up all items from the floor within a certain radius
- Ship: Pressing the F key whilst driving the ship, now allows you to access its inventory menu
- Skills: Fixed skills showing up in the wrong order on the skill tree
- Ships: Fixed a bug which prevented ships from reversing when they bumped into shores
- Ships: Fixed pressing right click to zoom in on the compass when sitting at a wheel of a ship
- Ships: Can no longer place a Steering Wheel inside the sail mast
- Building: Fixed a bug which prevented Water Reservoirs from irrigating grills if gathering water from a non-lake source
- Building: Fixed vertical encroachment check on the bookcase so it fits in 1-high wall rooms
- Resources: Fixed a bug where brain coral and fire coral were incorrectly labeled
- Map: Multiple level fixes (holes, waterfall transitions, soil types, etc)
- Creatures: Fixed a case where creatures would be stuck in the flee state whilst bola'd
- Creatures Fixed a case where creatures would appear to stand up briefly just after being bola'd
- UX: Fixed a bug which prevented you from seeing the HUD of a dropped item
- UX: Scaled the size of ammo texts on ammo containers to make them more readable and changed CanisterShot to Canister Shot
- Misc: Fixed icons for: Cooked Prime Fish Meat, Explosive Barrels, and Instant Equip
- Misc: Disabled male voice on female characters when using a repair hammer on damaged planks
- Misc: Fixed multiple cases where players shoulder disappears when harvesting with new anims
- Misc: Fixed manual targeting aim location not replicating to clients
- Combat: Reduced sickle damage against creatures and players
- Combat: Sprint/Charge weapons have been disabled and will be re-added to the game as enhanced feats
🏴☠️For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information🏴☠️
Hoist ye sails to our Homepage: https://www.playatlas.com/
Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Navigate ye olde Subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame