Today's log will just be a brief update on our current status with our upcoming Mega patch touching on where we are!
May Mega Update
The team are currently working on wrapping up the patch for internal review and we expect it to enter our QA process later today. Following that, we'll be hitting it hard and barring any fires, we should be in a good state to get the update released onto our new Public Test Realm soon. This means that we're currently planning for the Public Test Realm to be available around the end of next week
. As we get closer to the date, we'll be able to provide you with a more specific timeline. So far it's been smooth sailing, and we're on track for our end of the month release date.
For those who have been away at sea, in our last Captain's Log, we covered our most recent Developer Livestream, as well as spoke about the content that's coming in the latest update. If you've not had a chance to watch the stream, you can do so here for some in-game footage of what's to come:https://www.twitch.tv/videos/420002173
But for those just after the nitty-gritty details of the patch, here's what you can expect:
- New Cosmetics: Hydra Steering Wheel, Hydra Hide Armour Set, and Cyclops Heavy Armour Set!
- New Offensive Structure: Torpedo Launcher (and torpedoes!)
- New Boat Attachment: Cargo Racks!
- New Cart Attachment: Large Storage Box!
- New Tool: Fishing Net!
- New Ballista Ammo Type: Boat Harpoon
- New Weapon: Spear Gun!
- New Creature: Olfend
- New Creature: Giant Tortugar
- New Level: Ice Dungeon
- New Weapon: Crossbow
- New Structure: 3x4 Medium Gates
- New Structure: Ice Box - a high-insulation box for transporting ice. Has “active” mode that will drain ice but reduce surrounding temperature (reverse fire). Consumes less ice if “indoors”. Extends spoil time of things inside, but greatly extends the storage time of ice. Also has an option to turn ice into water to consume.
- New Resource: Ice - Must be harvested from cold zones. Decays relatively quickly if not in “insulated” storage. Can be consumed to reduce temperature for a short duration (15s per ice cube, max of 5 mins). Relatively heavy.
- New Feature: Company-wide map markers
- New Feat: Instant Hotbar Equip
- QOL: Structure Weights now displayed on items
- QOL: Revamped Skill Tree UI (first pass has already made it in!)
- QOL: Breeding Temperature Gate adjustments
- QOL: Faster Reload skills now also scale the corresponding equip time
With more still to come!
Latest Patch Notes
Whilst working on the mega patch, we are still continuing to iterate on the live game. These are the updates that the game has seen since our last Captain's Log.
Current Version: v104.56
- Skill UI redesign (first pass, more work to come with it!)
- Fixed misalignment with female first person hand view
- Ending Magic Mythos event on Official Servers
- Fixed an exploit with the Guillotine
- Large Cannons not snapped onto Gunports on Servers using bDontRequireLargeCannonsToSnapOnShips=true will now fire correctly.
- RMB or Middle Mouse Button will now "drop" a grenade
- Grenade physics tweaked slightly be weightier, damage radius increased 15%, and grenade explosions now move with ships properly
- Stationed NPC's aside from puckle are now properly melee-damageable
- Added server option to allow large cannons to not require snap on ship:
Game.ini ShooterGameMode bDontRequireLargeCannonsToSnapOnShips=true
- Fixes for cyclops Cloth boots and Kraken Hat not being rewarded
- Switched from Add New Item to Increment Item Quantity for Milk and Wool from Cow and Sheep to prevent being limited to Max Item Quantity if the player had no exiting stacks of the item given.
- Increased max amounts at full yield from 60 to 80 for Cow and 100 to 200 for Sheep.
- Melee Combat, fixing two bugs related to blocking:
Setting traces to use zero instead of complex collision groups on clients so that clients properly see hits
Fixing mistaken/unclear orderings for block determination that led to servers failing to correctly identify and pass along a block if the client-based block didn't succeed (such as in the cases where the client couldn't land a hit due to the collision group)
- Added a "turn off" option to ballista and catapult
- Fixed floating characters on standable tames such as elephants
- Fixed a bug where clients would see characters that had been grapple pulled off tame still move with their tames as if they were mounted resulting in a weird flight-like state.
- Added option to hide the pause menu's Server Info Panel
- Fixed an issue with leatherwing's grab
- Large cannons should now properly snap to all gunports
- Large cannon snaps now require floor/deck underneath
- Nature's touch cooldown now has unique icon
- Coral item now has correct coal-type item category icon
- Reduced Golden Age creature spawns by 60% and increased their respawn interval by a factor of 3
- The extra Water-structure foundation checks now only check against other Water-structures, and do not apply for Settlement Owners
- Item Skins are no longer eliminated when Trading
- Hid the unclaim boat button as it's not ready for public release yet
- Fixed an issue where Large Cannons were being destroyed on the destruction of a gunport they were snapped to
- When demolishing a non-ship/core type structures on a non-fully-anchored boat, resources will not be returned to you. This will be indicated to you via the demolish HUD. The boat must be fully anchored to get resources back for non-ship/core type structures.
- Crab can no longer grab crew off stations
- Ship claim time reduced by 5x when a ship is unanchored.
- Large Cannons can now only be placed in gun ports when on ships. Existing Large Cannons that have been placed on decks or ceilings will not be functional and will need to be demolished.
- Small reduction in Large Cannon damage
- One-time doubling of acquired Discovery Points for all previously existing player profiles
- Players will now get 2 Discovery Points per regular discovery rather than 1
- Quest Discovery Points have also increased by approximately 2x
- Lighthouses will check for nearby enemy players before being able to be successfully placed
- Large Gateways, Gates, and Large walls will check for nearby online players before being able to be placed unless on Settlements during peacetime.
- Core Structures will check for nearby online players before being able to be placed during Combat Phase on Settlements
- Flotsam gold reward gold increased by 20%
- Crew Payment Interval doubled (this means that you'll need to pay them less gold)
- Shipwreck Gold Reward doubled
- Creatures able to be equipped with armour along with Crew are now able to equip gear above common quality.
- Any structure that checks for enemy foundations when placed in water now has a 4x enemy foundation check radius (such as pillars and shipyards)
- There is now a creature specific cooldown on Nature's Touch
- Increased spoil timer on SotD loot.
- Reduction in Blizzard Sound Effect volume
- Crewmembers will no longer eat Water Jars from the food larder or their inventories
- Transferring materials with a filter on now transfers all children types too. For example, filtering HIDE will transfer Leather, Fur, Hair, etc.
- Transferring items of a higher than base quality will now automatically go into the hotbar space
-The Accordion song, “A Mockatoo Once Told Me” will now appropriately apply the buff to players in the area
- Fix to the movement of elevator when manually operated
- Fixed a crash on transition
- Submarine now consumes fuel consistently after crossing a world border
- Kracken should no longer aggro onto ships/players outside of the barrier
- Fixed an issue related to ships transitioning with players when a catapult was used
- Fixed a basing issue which could occur when crabs jumped off ships
- Fixed an issue caused by opening the feats wheel then pressing “i” which caused the mouse cursor to be placed on screen.
- An unraised noose on a ship will no longer cause a player to take damage upon transferring
- Fixed an exploit related to harvesting from crop plots
- Fixed an issue with crop plots unintentionally being able to be stacked
- A player’s bag will no longer spawn above the cave if they die completing the Powerstone quest
- Items inside a loot bag will now register the correct weight
- Fixed a visual bug related to the cloth Cyclops Helmet skin
- Cannons can no longer be placed right beside another (to address stacking three cannons inside a gun port)
- The sextant compass buff will no longer be removed upon logging out
- Fixed Hydra Spawn on H6
- Cleaned up levels from Mnt_R_PVE and reworked spawns on Cay_H
- Cannonballs will no longer pass through own collision
- Gateways and Gates can no longer be placed in Freeports or Golden Age Ruin servers
- Alloy will now be correctly detected from a resource repair box
- Settlement Owners on our PvE Networks can no longer set rules on building offensive structures
- Rectified an inconsistency when painting decks and ceilings on ships
- Adjusted the Chest Width slider for females in the character creation screen
- Corrected Hide Cyclops Armour name in BP description
- Fixed another case where items/blueprints could change into Engrams.
- Fixed another bug which would have caused items/blueprints to change into Engrams.
- Fixed a bug which would have caused items/blueprints to change into Engrams.
For a full rundown of our patches since launch, check out this thread![www.playatlas.com]
Show ‘n Tell #7!Check out our PlayATLAS announcement to see the results of our sixth Show 'n Tell contest![www.playatlas.com]Alrighty, that’s it for this post. Thank you so much for becoming a part of our crew and we can't wait to show all you scallywags, landlubbers, captains, and seadogs what lies ahead!
🏴☠️For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information🏴☠️
Hoist ye sails to our Homepage: https://www.playatlas.com/
Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Navigate ye olde Subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame