Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Please consider supporting us by enabling cookies.
Captain's Log 26: The Hoppening 🐰
Posted on April 18th, 2019 11:28 PM EST
One week has passed since the launch of our Mega-update 1.5 (ATLAS v100), and what a crazy voyage it’s been! As mentioned in our previous announcement, this update has been one of the largest we’ve ever worked on as a team and we are incredibly proud of the results. The last few days have shown us that these changes have been a step in the right direction to help fulfill ATLAS’ ambition of becoming the ultimate fantasy pirate adventure.
Since the patch launched, we have been continuing to iterate daily based on your feedback and reports, and have plenty more being cooked up as we speak. This log will talk about some of the new content you’ll get to experience in our upcoming mega update, our Easter Event, as well as the future of Empires.
After careful consideration, we have decided that we will be shutting down the Empire network as it has been demonstrated by the players that the Colonies & Settlement system is much more favored. We suspected this to be the case prior to the launch of these servers, but we believe in trying out and testing new systems and want to make the best use of Early Access as we can.
The results speak for themselves, so as of tomorrow, Friday the 19th, at 7 PM Eastern the Empire Server will be shut down. This network will be replaced with a North American PvE network using the existing Colonies system.
We still believe that there is a place in the game for ambitious PvP players, and we believe that open-ended PvP is a really important and fun part of ATLAS. We want to find a way we can still support those goals whilst still keeping out more controlled and rule-based PvP.
This weekend, the ATLAS will be paid a visit by the Magical Easter Bunny! They’ve struck a deal with the Cosmetic Vendor at your local Freeport and will be giving away their specially branded Bunny Ears for a small donation of Easter Eggs! So hop on into the ATLAS this weekend and join the hunt for eggs which are buried in treasure or can be collected from the cargo of a ship found floating on the sea. Before you know it, you too could be standing proud--or at least standing--with your very own Bunny Ears!
If ears don’t float your boat, you could always be a scallywag and throw the egg at passers-by, yolking their vision or slowing down wild creatures. Get yolked!
The Magical Easter Bunny has also cast a spell on the ATLAS causing the chickens to get frisky with the Easter spirit and lay eggs at a 5x rate, additionally, all eggs will also have 3x maturation speed during the event.
The Hoppening Patch Notes (v101)
- Treasure Chests and Floatsoms now include Easter Eggs
- Easter Eggs can be used to purchase crafts of a Bunny Hat (they stack, so you can purchase multiple crafts and keep them even after the event ends!)
- Chicken Egg Laying Rate increased by 5x
- Egg Maturation Speed increased by 3x
- Eggs can be thrown at players to cause a post-process ‘yolk’ effect and at wild creatures to slow them down.
- Increase player speed by 10% across-the-board
- Water Reservoirs now automatically generate water if they are placed on fertile soil. How quickly they generate water depends on the soil type and biome, indicated on the HUD when you place or look at the water reservoir.
- You can now self-heal with the medkit. How much healing you get is dependent on a new Self-Healing Skill (though you can Heal yourself without the Skill, you'll only get 10% effectiveness)
- Killing the Krakens now completes the respective Quest for everyone in the combat zone, not just the people who have got all the Power Stones / Essences. (not retroactive)
- Fixed Treasure Maps sometimes generating stuck into the world geometry (not retroactive)
- Spikeshot now has a 15-second Defuse timer that begins upon impact
- Company limit on PvP server has been increased to 75.
Over the coming weeks, we’ll be sharing more about our next mega update which we have planned for ATLAS. It’ll be a similar scope to that of the one that launched in April, here’s a little sneak peek at what’s to come!
An enormous dungeon found deep in the depths of the polar region. We can see that this was clearly once occupied by pathfinders but now deserted.
Rumour has it that they were slaughtered or their fear of a legendary and elusive mythical beast steered them away.
We’ve also got a lot more plans for combat, including new weapons! Here’s something we’re working on currently, with more details on other weapons to come soon:
More islands will soon be emerging their way onto the ATLAS network early this summer, and they’re going to even larger (ARK-Island-sized) and higher quality than ever before!
And as always, we’ll be continuing to iterate on your reports and feedback on a regular basis. Since the Mega-Update 1.5 launched, we’ve had over 10 patches fixing bugs, adding in new features, and making adjustments. You can expect that to continue over the coming days, weeks, and months ahead!
Check out our PlayATLAS announcement to see the results of our sixth Show 'n Tell contest!
Alrighty, that’s it for this post. Thank you so much for becoming a part of our crew and we can't wait to show all you scallywags, landlubbers, captains, and seadogs what lies ahead!
🏴☠️For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information🏴☠️
Hoist ye sails to our Homepage: https://www.playatlas.com/
Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Navigate ye olde Subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame