Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Please consider supporting us by enabling cookies.
ATLAS Patch 519.5
Posted on December 21st, 2020 10:39 PM EST
Last week was quite a ride and we would like to thank you all for continuing to sail along with us! It has been about 6 months now since we have renewed the ATLAS journey, and now the last scheduled patch of the year is upon us!
We have made several fixes to the Ramming Galley, Armored Docks, and more. This includes a fix for Explosive Barrels so they no longer deal damage in Freeports and removing some bad maps from Treasure Map spawning. Christmas Trees and Ship level caps have also been fixed. We have also included a few changes, like the much requested increase in reverse sailing speed, which has now been increased by 200%. The Glider Suit may now only be activated under 100m height as well. As a little bonus, Bears can also now wear hats! For the full list of bug fixes and changes, please see the changelog.
Most importantly, we have also made some server reliability improvements that should also help to reduce incidents of losses. To fully address the issue will be a long-term process, as it is a multifaceted issue and touches many aspects of the code. We are touching on different symptoms of it throughout development as we continue to make our investigations and improve the code. Please continue to report these issues to us as they greatly aid in our efforts to optimize and improve the ATLAS experience. Thanks for your patience, understanding, and support!
Aye, and were ye looking for a way to store all yer drinks for the holidays? The new Keg is the perfect way to store and transport your alcohol. Afterall, drinks taste best directly from a Keg, don’t they? The Keg can be crafted at the Smithy after learning the Secrets of Cooking skill in the Cooking & Farming tree. For only 30 fiber, 5 metal, 50 thatch, and 60 wood - you can build a Keg and be able to store any alcohol items in stacks of 50. Drinks for everyone!
Having trouble taming some creatures? Might we recommend the new Tranq Arrow? The Tranq Arrow is a new ammo type for the Bow that deals high amounts of Torpor and little physical damage. It can be used to put creatures to sleep, allowing pirates to more easily contain them for taming. Tranq Arrows can be crafted in the Mortar and Pestle after learning the Taming Tier 2 skill in the Beastmastery Tree.
To compensate its strength a bit, the Ramming Galley now costs an additional 75 Rhino Horns, a new resource type obtained from defeating Rhinos, to purchase.
In addition to these changes, we also made a number of bug fixes to the Ramming Galley, which can be viewed in the full Changelog that follows.
As with all the features and mechanics we have so far introduced, we will continue to balance and refine the Ramming Galley.
As the last patch of the year, the ATLAS team will be setting sail for a small holiday break. The next scheduled patch will be the week of January 11. However, we will continue to perform daily server restarts and we will have our spyglass handy to watch out for any urgent issues that may require our attention. Otherwise, pass us your Kegs and some glasses please! Happy Holidays!
New Structure: Lumberyard
The Lumberyard is a farm that only gathers thatch and wood. It can be crafted at the Smithy after learning the Advanced Automation skill in the Construction & Mercantilism Tree.
- Shares placement restrictions with other Farmhouses
- Gathers about 1/3 more wood and thatch than a regular Farmhouse
- Crafting Resources: 800 Wood, 600 Thatch, 320 Fiber, 280 Metal, 100 Hide
New Structure: Keg
- The Keg is a new storage container used to store alcohol. It can be crafted at the Smithy after learning the Secrets of Cooking skill in the Cooking & Farming Tree.
- All alcohol items can be stored in stacks of 50
- Crafting Resources: 30 Fiber, 5 Metal, 50 Thatch, 60 Wood
New Bow Ammo Type: Tranq Arrow
- Tranq Arrows are significantly more effective against tameable creatures
- Players and NPCs are immune to Tranq Arrows
- Crafting Resources: 1 Stone Arrow, 20 Berries
New Keratinoid Resource: Rhino Horn
- Rhino Horns can now be obtained by defeating Rhinos
- Updated UI text on Armored Docks to clarify that only 1 Gold is consumed when the timer expires
- Bug Fix: Armored Docks no longer stop working for a period of time after server restarts
- Bug Fix: Armored Docks no longer consume all Gold in their inventory after server restarts
- Added 75 Rhino Horns to cost
- Base speed increased by 40%
- Increased turn speed while sails are closed
- Increased damage of all cannons on ship from 100% to 125%
- Ramming NPC ships with the Ramming Galley now deals damage
- Players can now swim through some large holes in the Ramming Galley after it sinks
- Bug Fix: Health is no longer displayed for undamageable parts of the ship including weapons
- Bug Fix: Demolish option no longer appears for components that have already been demolished after the ship sinks
- Bug Fix: Ramming Galley can no longer be crafted in the Large Shipyard
- Bug Fix: Forward-facing Large Cannons are now correctly assigned to the Front Station Group
- Bug Fix: Oars will now always automatically retract after idling for 10 seconds
- Bug Fix: Sail rigging now previews correctly when placing new sails
- Max reverse speed for all ships increased by 200%
- Bug Fix: Level cap for max quality ships restored to 60
- NOTE: The max level of ships built during the previous patch won't change
- Christmas Trees now produce gifts every 12 hours
- Bug Fix: Santa Hat skin will no longer disappear from player inventory
- Bug Fix: Santa Hat is now properly positioned on Monkeys, Parrots, and Penguins
- Bug Fix: Resolved issue where Stockings and Christmas Trees would stop producing coal/gifts after server restarts
- Fixed some cases where Markets would break
- Limited the number of Trade Offers Markets can have to 20.
- Made some server reliability improvements
- Bears can now equip hats
- Glider Suit may now only be activated under 110 meters height (about the height of the lighthouse)
- Reduced Grill's damage resistance
- Sea Fort walls now swap to a damaged mesh when destroyed rather than disappearing
- Bug Fix: Explosive Barrels can no longer deal damage in Freeports
- Bug Fix: Removed some bad maps from Treasure Map spawning
As always, we appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. Please keep them coming! Thank you for all of your support! :)
- ATLAS Crew
For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information
Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame